About Me

My photo
I am a mommy to two amazing children and happily married for over 10 years. I am a surrogate who has brought eight wonderful surro-babies into the world and one sweet angel baby. My blog follows my life as a surrogate sharing the good the bad and everything in between. I work hard, play harder and live life to the fullest!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Miscarriage :(

It's a sad time for us as yesterday I lost the pregnancy. I was 5wks 5 days and we hadn't even seen the heart beat but our hearts are still heavy. It's not something I have ever gone through before and its taking a toll on my body but Steve is taking really good care of me. Yesterday was horrible as it started as I was on my way to Austin so my whole way there and back I was having a miscarriage and all alone. I was very emotional yesterday but having gone through a loss at 22wks in the past I find this to be a blessing. My IP's are so sad and I hate that their journey to grow their family is still a struggle. :(

Update: I ended up having complications during the m/c and was taken to the ER the bleeding was so much and had been going on for so long I needed to have a D&C. I have always been against things like that but at this point I was facing a blood transfusion and was so week I could barely walk. The doctor said had this been in the old days I would have bled out and died before my body was done passing everything there was so much left. Thank God for modern medicine!!! It was really scary and took such a toll on me emotionally and physically I really needed time to think about if I could try again. My IP's were wonderful about giving me time to heal and let me decide even though I know it was hard for them to wait. I did decide to try one last time and if it didn't work I was taking it as a sign this just wasn't meant to be. So we will try for our 3rd and final IVF transfer in July!!!!!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry Kristina paryers sent your way love you hugs I'm lost for words :(

    ReplyDelete