About Me

My photo
I am a mommy to two amazing children and happily married for over 10 years. I am a surrogate who has brought eight wonderful surro-babies into the world and one sweet angel baby. My blog follows my life as a surrogate sharing the good the bad and everything in between. I work hard, play harder and live life to the fullest!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

1 week post pregnancy updates

I can't believe its already been a week since I had the babies. Both are still in NICU but Joshua is doing great and will probably go home early this week. Madelyn however is doing good but is still struggling with holding her body temperature and eating. They are so cute and I already see changes in them just over this past week. I am trying to see them every other day but its hard right now since I can't drive and since Steve and I are the only ones allowed in to see them who ever takes me has to wait and then I feel rushed. I should be driving shortly and hopefully both babies will be home so we won't have those issues.

Pumping is going great, I will admit the middle of the night feedings are hard, there are times where I fall asleep pumping but I know between 2-4am you get your best milk so its important not to miss that time, specially with the babies needing every advantage they can get right now.

WEIGHT LOSS: One week post babies and I have lost 29lbs, so not only did I lose all the weight I gained during pregnancy I also lost 8 additional pounds. Thats leaves me with 25 pounds to lose to reach my goal weight. WOOHOO! Steve and I had already been talking about changing what we eat as a family and what gets brought into our home. Over the past few days we have worked on finding healthy meals and snacks, things to look for while we're shopping. Last night was our first trip to the store and while it cost a bit more its nice to know we're already making that change. Aside from what we're eating the biggest thing for me is portion control. I love to eat and I love good food so I find it very hard to stop eating even though I know I should have 5 bites ago. lol The last thing is working out, I always enjoy a good work out the problem is finding the time to do it in between working, the kids and the house but it doesn't matter even if I have to figure something out to do here in the garage I will be working out. :)

The healing process from my c-section is coming a long, yesterday day was the first day I over did it and I seriously paid for it that night. I was in so much pain I couldn't move and was in tears, my incision hurt so badly I just took pain meds and went back to sleep without even being able to pump. Steve is so great,  he has been so good about letting me rest or making me rest while he takes care of the kids. My brother has been over here as well for almost a week helping with the kids to and running errands for us. I am limited to what I can wear because of where the incision is at and I hope it heals soon so I can at least wear normal clothes. Belly wise I still look 3 months pregnant but I feel good and I know that my belly is still bloated. I still have very little strength and energy so waiting on that to return and get back to normal. Sometimes we think as soon as I'm not pregnant things will be normal and we forget about the healing process. This is the hardest time for me because I'm not pregnant and I want to jump right back into my life and well I can't. lol However over the next 6wks I am going to do everything I can to have a healthy healing process so I can start to enjoy my life again.

2 comments:

  1. Wow thats great weight loss ! I loved that about breast feeding !
    Congrats to you and your IPs ..you did a marvelous job !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news on the weight loss! Hopefully I will be able to do the same once this baby arrives :)

    ReplyDelete