About Me

My photo
I am a mommy to two amazing children and happily married for over 10 years. I am a surrogate who has brought eight wonderful surro-babies into the world and one sweet angel baby. My blog follows my life as a surrogate sharing the good the bad and everything in between. I work hard, play harder and live life to the fullest!

Monday, February 4, 2013

Sixth surrogacy * 2nd IVF Transfer

Round two ... ready set go!

I really felt the stressful drive home (it took us 2.5hrs when it normally takes 1hr) and not resting enough when we got home played a big part in the transfer not working. I have no control over the embryo quality which was also a factor but this second time I was going to make changes on what I did have control over. So this time the plan was for me to drive my self and Steve would stay home and tend to the kids. After the transfer my IP's would take me to a near by hotel and I would rest and relax and let their little baby snuggle in and thats exactly what we did.

We had our last lining check on the 17th and we knew our transfer was set for the 25th but since I was ready and the doc needed to be out of town that Friday it was moved up by two days so the 23rd it would be. We were all very nervous as we had no idea how the embryos were doing or how many we had. There were 3 left over from the first transfer that were 3 dayers and they were going to be thawed and pushed to 5 days. This was nerve racking as the other embryos that the clinic tried to push to 5 days didn't make it. But I knew there had to be at least one or they would have called and cancelled the transfer.

It was our turn, we all went back to get the report and what a great report it was 2 of the embryos were blast stage and one was hatching it just doesn't get any better than this folks. :) The transfer it self went smoothly better than last time and the valium really kicked in this time as a few minutes after we got to recovery I was out literally which is a great sign of me being relaxed.


E grabbed us some lunch and I headed to the hotel to rest and I slept on and off from 3:30 to 6pm and it felt great. J came to pick me up for dinner and I met their son he is so cute and super smart. It made me want this even more for them because I could see what great parents they were. The restaurant was fabulous, the food was yummy and I enjoyed every minute with them. I had a great night sleep, slept in that morning and than made my way back home. It was a beautiful day :) and I just knew this was our time. I felt so good about it on day 4 (1/27/13) after our transfer I decided to test and I could not believe my eyes when I actually saw a line and every day after that the lines just kept getting darker and darker. When I felt really good about it I skyped with J & E and than sent them the pic of all the test. It was so beautiful to see their joy.



Our beta results (blood test) came in on 1/31/13 which made me 8dpt (actually time wise I was 7.5dpt) and the result was 80hcg. I was excited about that because it made me feel like there is only one baby and having to transfer two embryos when I tried so hard for one that made me feel much better. Plus its high enough that we knew it was a strong pregnancy. On 2/2/13 at 10dpt the result was 172. It doubled which is what we look for but didn't go up to high again making me confident there is only one. :) We have our 3rd test on Wed and than in a few weeks we'll have an u/s. I had to increase my meds from twice a day till three times a day plus my body is already producing these same hormones so I'm really tired and very emotional. I am so stinking excited every time I think about that I am actually pregnant again I can't stop smiling. I love the thought of life growing in my womb and I feel so blessed!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment: