About Me

My photo
I am a mommy to two amazing children and happily married for over 10 years. I am a surrogate who has brought eight wonderful surro-babies into the world and one sweet angel baby. My blog follows my life as a surrogate sharing the good the bad and everything in between. I work hard, play harder and live life to the fullest!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Its over, I am a retired surrogate!

I am up enjoying a late night of playing on the computer and hanging out. I am online in a surrogacy group I am apart of and all of a sudden I just start thinking about all the negative things that are happening. There is this huge scandal going on in the surrogacy world that is just devastating. Over the course of a month I have seen several very negative things happen in the surrogacy world, one being how an agency and intended parents could treat a surrogate so badly, the other how a surrogate can cold heartily play with the emotions and lives of intended parents and last this week I am literally watching a huge baby selling ring be busted up by the FBI that involves many very well known and reputable lawyers and also surrogates. There are times when I am reading the articles and comments of others while fighting back the tears. I started my first surrogacy journey in 2002 when most people didn't even know what surrogacy was or it was very taboo to them. Over the years I have watched people accept it as a positive thing and I have gotten so much support and encouragement. So to see surrogacy become such a wonderful thing in people's eyes to now being nothing but a scandal and on the FBI's investigation list is devastating. Going into my last journey I knew it would be my last for many reason but now I find myself thankful that it is my last so I can walk away blessed by my positive and wonderful journeys with out being caught up in this mess.

As I sit here taking it all in the tears stream down my face this is it, its over I will never be a surrogate again nor will my womb every embrace life again. While this is my choice and not forced upon me in any way it is so emotional, I am suppose to be 38 weeks pregnant this week my journey isn't suppose to be over yet. Will I be able to really walk away from something that has impacted my life so greatly for the past 10 years? I have said many many times I was done only to find myself matched and cycling again within a year but in my heart I know this time is different I just didn't realize it would be this hard to let go.

You almost feel in away like who will I be if I'm not a surrogate? What difference in this world will I make if I am not creating miracles within families? I don't know the answer to these questions but I know I am ready for the Lord to lay out a knew plan and I hope it is as amazing as surrogacy has been for me.

In 2003 I handed a precious baby girl over to her father on fathers day, in 2005 I delivered my first set of twins both boys on news year days, in 2007 I had an amazing little boy for an amazing couple that had the worst odds of ever being parents, then in 2010 I had my first loss sending a sweet angel baby to the Lord above and now in 2011 I had my second set of twins a boy and girl after having the most wonderful journey ever with the greatest intended parents a surrogate could ask for.  Between these 7 gifts of life and my own 2 little miracles I have a happiness and joy in my soul that will last a life time.

and the story ends ........ Happily Ever After!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story indeed. Your story will never end my dear...as those children begin to grow up, your stories will forever remain in the lives of those IPs. Thank you for all that you have done and yes the surrogate world is being shown in a negative light, but it is the successful stories such as yourse that we should focus on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a new season in your life. But just as this season of bearing children was a fantastic adventure, so will the next chapter! Now it's time for you to discover you! Find out what you truly are outside of being a baby machine. :) And who that is is an amazing woman! Can't wait to see all the new things you discover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have already made MANY differences is many lives. There are many more opportunities for you to make miracles, perhaps in different ways, but miracles nonetheless. Good luck moving forward. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha I already changed my mind, I don't want to retire. lol

    ReplyDelete