I have been happy with my job at SS matching couples and sharing in the journey with my surrogates. Living through them, experiencing transfers and waiting for two pink lines was enough for me. Once a couple really tugged at my heart strings and I did tell them I would carry for them if i couldn't find them the right match. However I did but it was just a reminder that at any moment God could place another couple in my path to help. We have had such an eventful and crazy last year that the time never really seemed right anyways and I was looking into getting a tummy tuck as a gift to myself. :P
Then in early August that moment came and with out even looking or seeking for them there they were my next couple. Their story really touched me as it was almost identical to J & J my last couple I carried for. I thought to myself maybe I won't like them and it will be easy to walk away from as I just wasn't sure I wanted to do another journey. I constantly went back and fourth through this past year yes I will no I won't and than in the summer I had decided to just leave it up to God and went about my life.
We met for lunch on August 31st at one of my favorite places Gruene, Tx and even though Steve was working about 15mins into our meet up Steve had a break in his schedule and comes walking up. One I love when he surprises me like that and two I was so glad he was able to meet them to. His opinion is very important to me and since I didn't know what direction I wanted to go I needed his input even more. After a wonderful lunch I realized how much I liked them and how much they needed me. We were a prefect fit and Steve thought so to. :)
In September we quickly breezed through contracts and evaluations however came to a huge hurdle during my routine screening appt. on September 14th. Just like with J & J everything was going smoothly until the antibody issue came up and I was for sure my journey was over but they stuck by me and now have perfectly healthy 1yo twins. But this time it was a little more serious than running some test and understanding the risk, I had polyps on my uterus and I had to have surgery to remove. Not only is it very costly but if they got in there and it was more sever or they damaged my uterus I would never be able to carry again. I was so upset, I cried, felt guilty that something was wrong with me when I was suppose to be the one making everything better for them and most of all I was very nervous about the procedure.
It was scheduled for October 16th and thankfully everything went smoothly (although I got sick the entire way home and we had to stop like 10 times) and on October 30th I was cleared to move forward. During this time of the unknown is when it really hit me that I wanted to carry again. I understood that while its a blessing to me and my family its a gift the Lord has called upon me and at any moment he could take it away. I thought about never having life grow in my womb again, never giving birth and watching a family grow through the miracle of surrogacy. That moment of having the choice taken from me was heart breaking. Once I recovered and was cleared my heart was in it and with my IP's by my side we moved forward with the plan to transfer 1 embryo in November. We had five 3 day frozen embryos which I was happy about but a little discouraged that they didn't make it to 5 days but I was thankful we had 5. :)
I started medication, first birth control than estrace on November 9th and than added progesterone on the 27th. We found out that because the embryos are only 3 dayers the clinic did not recommend only transferring one that it greatly lessened our chances of pregnancy. :( They said we could thaw the embryos out and push them to 5 days and than do a single embryo transfer however the last five they tried to push to 5 days didn't make it so now we are looking at transferring two 3 dayers and looking at a chance of carrying twins again. I know the % is a lot less than my last journey with prefect fresh 5 day embryos but it still make me nervous. I want to bless them with a baby just not two. lol
J & E live in Austin and we are using a clinic in Austin to its the first time I've used a local clinic. They have a son and I can not wait to give him a brother or sister. So here we are the night before with my heart 100% in this journey at 12:00 tomorrow I will be making a baby for J & E. We can use all the prayers we can get, let God's will be upon us!




omgosh! how wonderful you're matched again :) good luck...look forward to following you!!!
ReplyDelete