Posted June 10, 2011
So yesterday's OB appt at 27wks 2 days didn't go so smoothly or as planned. My cervix which was closed and thick two weeks ago has now softened and is starting to dilate and I was sent home to be on bed rest. I told my doctor I have slowed down so much in the past 3 weeks I don't understand how this is happening and he said the problem is I am such a busy active person that my slowing it down is most people's normal daily pace. I have never been on bed rest and while most people would love the idea of not working and relaxing on the couch its a depressing thought for me. My pregnancies have never really held me back before they just become apart of my life and now this one is taking over. I want nothing more than for these babies to stay in till August and while I dread bed rest I will gladly do it to ensure these babies health.
I don't think the "bed rest" requirements have set in for my family yet and I have to say I am a little nervous about the strain it may put on everyone. Even after talking about it with Steve he asked me to take something back to walmart since it broke and then wanted us all to go get ice cream. Gaige certainly doesn't get it and honestly Rylee has been the most accepting. She has already started being the mother hen bringing me food and drinks and asking what I need. I know I have a lot of support from my whole family and I have great supportive friends and while I hate "needing" people I think the only way we are going to make it through this is if we all do it together.
I realize that focusing on a long term goal like making it to 40wks is to stressful so I have decided to take little steps and set little goals to help us all stay positive. So at this point our first goal is 28wks which will put us in the 3rd trimester :)
I gained another 5lbs so that puts me at a total of 15lbs, my belly is measuring 36wks and both babies sounded great.
Today is my first full day of bed rest ....... so here we go one day at a time!
Posted on June 14, 2011
Posted on June 14, 2011
Today is day 5 of home bound bed rest and well its been a stressful 5 days. No one was prepared for bed rest and for sure not this soon. I think we all just expected this twin pregnancy to go like the last one. Its very hard to lay in bed and not be able to help even with the simplest of things. Before Steve had a major melt down my mom stepped in and like a true women got everything settled down and worked out. Its not funny really but I did laugh inside a couple times watching Steve try to balance the kids, the house, chores and going to the grocery store all in one day. Let me tell you how he did it, he dropped Rylee off with Aunti Linda, Gaige with my mom, Matt did the yard work and he was doing laundry till midnight. I will say he did a great job getting everything we needed even my prenatal vitamins at the store. He complained and was cranky most of the day and while in his mind he thinks we spilt things 50/50 I hope during this experience he realizes its not 50/50 and while I don't mind doing more normally (when I am not pregnant) I really need him right now and now is the time he can take care of me. Yesterday was a better day over all everything seemed more balanced and went smoothly. I think with each day things will get better.
When I was growing up my mom used to say it takes a village to raise children. I grew up very close to my grandmother she was like my other parent and I had lots of Aunts and Uncles and I look back and realize how supportive my family has always been for all of us. I often need that village and when I need them the most my family is there specially my mom and I couldn't imagine raising my kids any other way.
My work has also been very supportive which is a huge weight off my shoulders. I have a great assistant holding down the fort and a wonderful boss that allows me to concentrate on the babies instead of stressing about work.
As far as me specifically bed rest sucks :P its hard and most would think laying in bed is relaxing well its not. I try to rotate my time starting with coming down for breakfast in the morning and spending the morning and early afternoon on the couch. Then I work my way back to bed after lunch till everyone is home and its time for dinner. I do come down for dinner but by that time of the day my back is killing me and I will take a shower and get back in bed for some play/cuddle time with my little man. I keep myself busy with the tv, computer, gonna finish a book I started a year ago and I got a new bible study to do.
I have to do the 3 hour glucose test, get blood work done for my thyroid and my regular OB appt so it will be nice to get out of the house.
Last night was rough I had lots of braxton hick contractions and was very uncomfortable to the point where I did call the on call OB and almost went to the hospital. I ended up falling asleep waiting for him to call back (took like 45mins) and after hours of being uncomfortable things seemed to be settling down so I just went to sleep. The babies were VERY active during this time so I am hoping in all that punching and kicking each other baby boy went head down. Hope today and tonight is better!
A big update is we are 7 months today and in the 3rd trimester! WOOHOO
Post on June 23, 2011
Todays appointment went great I brought Rylee with me and the twins mom was also there. Although I am on day 14 of bed rest it is paying off as my cervix has stayed a 1cm and both babies are doing great. I didn't gain any weight and my blood pressure is good. I have had a couple episodes of braxton hicks contracts and thankfully there not making any change so I'm just sucking it up and dealing with them.
While there is still time I am getting very nervous about baby boy not turning head down and needing a c-section. I am so anxious about having a c-section for a couple of reason, I love labor and delivery its such a magical time and I don't want to give that up plus I am scared of the surgery and the recovery. I can't even bring myself to look up information on it because I think it will freak me out more. So please say some prayers for me that this little guy turns.
My belly is measuring 38wks already and I have hit the uncomfortable stage and I am very tired. My back hurts a lot and when the babies decided to stretch out ..... ouch talk about painful it feels like they are ripping my muscles. I have to retake the glucose test again next week and pray I don't get sick again so we can be done with this.
I am so excited to report that I got clearance to go to J's baby shower, I can't wait to meet everyone but most of all I can't wait to see J glowing with happiness cause her dreams are finally coming true. Everyone is so excited for these babies and I love that, they are such a deserving family.
Posted on July 21, 2011
Posted on July 21, 2011
I am 33wks and on day 41 of bed rest and we are trucking along. We had some preterm labor on July 5th at 31wks and had a lovely stay in L&D. The labor was brought on by a UTI infection I had so I was given antibiotics and the babies were given two rounds of steroids for their lungs to help mature in case they couldn't stop the labor or I went into labor again. I was so happy to find out during all the scary news that baby boy had turned and is head down plus the babies were 4lbs each. So now here we are at 33wks, both babies head down and at 32wks I was only 1cm still. They have dropped in the past week so the pressure down there is incredibly intense and I feel like they are going to fall out. lol At this point I figure the babies are at least 5lbs each and they are moving like little rock stars in there. We have a MFM appt on Monday and I can't wait to see how they are doing and then a OB appt on Thursday to check my cervix. Next week we will be 34wks and thats a huge goal for lung maturity so that makes me very happy.
Steve had his family reunion and took the kids on his own. I was so proud of him because I know its hard to do everything alone specially with a toddler but the kids really deserved this fun time and being with family is important. Gaige is having a hard time with us not really having a routine, its difficult to drop him off at daycare he has major melt downs and cries. When he is picked up he is happy and tells you all about his day, talks about his friends so I know he is having fun and the crying isn't lasting long but its still hard. He doesn't like me being pregnant and wants the babies to come out. While I am enjoying this pregnancy to the very end as its my last it will be nice when I am back at work, Rylee is in school and Gaige is back to a strict routine so things will go more smoothly.
Being pregnant plus bed rest is hard you give up a lot more than one would think but it will be so worth it when I get to hand J & J their precious little monkeys in just a few short weeks.





No comments:
Post a Comment