About Me

My photo
I am a mommy to two amazing children and happily married for over 10 years. I am a surrogate who has brought eight wonderful surro-babies into the world and one sweet angel baby. My blog follows my life as a surrogate sharing the good the bad and everything in between. I work hard, play harder and live life to the fullest!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Second Surrogacy ~ Alex & Aiden

My second surrogacy journey came as a surprise! After my first surrogacy I didn't really think about doing it again until I got a call from a different agency requesting me as a surrogate. (I guess your name goes in a little black book hahaha that's a joke) They had a couple and wanted to know if I would consider working with them after reviewing their profile in my heart and gut I just wasn't feeling it and declined. It did get me thinking about if I wanted to do another one. I wasn't sure but I told the agency to put me on their active list and I would see how things went. About a month later they had another couple out of Houston and my heart broke for them while reading their profile and all that they had been through. Steve (my husband) and I agreed to meet them in Houston and we all hit it off. They were so out going and I could see them being great parents, they had no children. After a meeting they always want you to take a few days to think about it so no agreements were made but before we left the building that day I knew they were the couple for me. Shortly after we got the ball rolling, it was time for our first IVF. S and I went into the room and we were set to transfer 3 frozen 3 day embryos but the doctor suggested that we only transfer 2 because the quality was really good making the chances of multiples really high. So we transferred the 2 and waited the dreaded 2 week wait however I decided to test before the blood drawn and we got two pink lines. 


Not only did we get pregnant on the first try but we were pregnant with twins! It was hard for S and C to be excited as they had already lost a set of twins that she carried but I was so excited for them but no where close to being prepared for what was coming my way.


 I was once again sick for the first 3 months and stopped working this time at 27 weeks to ensure I could deliver healthy twins. I wasn't on bed rest but my job had me on my feet a lot and my OB didn't want to take any chances. My belly popped right out during the first trimester and at 15 weeks with the parents S and C, Steve and Rylee in the room we found out that they were having twin boys. Rylee was not happy and wanted there to be another baby so it could be a girl. S and C were so great about letting our daughter be apart of things so it would help her understand what was going on. During my first journey she was 2yo barely 3yo but this time she was 5yo. We explained to her that S's belly was broken and that God put their babies in my belly to grow and that when they came they would go home with S and C but that we would visit them. It was so nice having them only a few hours away, having them at the transfer and coming to doctor appts was knew to me. We would go up for visits on the weekend and I was even invited to their baby shower. By the middle of the 2nd trimester I was huge, my back hurt and I couldn't see my feet.

At 30 weeks I went into preterm labor, after medication to stop the labor, medication to help the boys lungs mature faster and bed-rest at the hospital thankfully we were able to stop it . I was able to go home and I tip toed around everything trying not to over do myself or get to tired. I went another 5 weeks and at midnight on new years eve people started popping fire works and it woke me up, I realized I was having contractions and started to time them. Within 30mins I called my OB and he said to go get checked he would rather be safe than sorry. So I waddled on in to labor and delivery and the nurses calming asked me what I was there for, it was so quite I remember. I said I am 35wks pregnant and I think I am in labor. She says ok did your OB send you I said yes I'm pregnant with twins and he wants to make sure I'm not in labor since they already stopped it once. Once I mentioned twins I swear 5 more nurses showed up I was sat in a wheel chair as hooked up within minutes. I was in labor and both babies were head down, I called S and C to let them know it was time I quite laid there with my mom sleeping through my labor holding my legs crossed. The nurse came in and said I can't believe you are sleeping through your labor but if you don't get a epidural now you can't have one and I thought two babies at least 5lbs each coming out vaginally with no drugs hell no! lol I got the epidural and went back to relaxing S and C were all most here which was good cause the babies were coming. They moved me over got everything set up and right as they were closing the door they showed up to watch their sons be born.

After 10 hours of the easiest labor ever at 35 weeks on New Years Day 2005 Alex 6lbs 7oz and Aiden 5lbs 3 oz were born healthy and happy. Never even went to the NICU and actually went home before I did.






We were so lucky to only have them a few hours away but when S took a new job it took them to California. We hope to one day take a trip out to see them soon but enjoy the pictures and videos we see of them on-line.

Thank you S and C


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment