My third surrogacy journey began the summer of 2006. After a pretty rough pregnancy carrying twins I took some time to recover and get my body healthy and strong again. We settled into our new house and Rylee started kindergarten life was good. As always the urge to be pregnant came a calling and I signed up with a new agency out of California and within a few months I got a profile on a couple. We didn't meet in person just talked over the phone and via email. I just knew that they would be great parents and knowing how challenging it would be to get pregnant for them made me want it for them even more. IL was in her 40's so while they had frozen embryo's there was only enough for one transfer so if it didn't take she would have to go through another egg retrieval. I flew to Cali to meet IL and V and have a screening done at the clinic. It was nice because it allowed me to get to know them better and get a good feel for the clinic. I went back in April for our first IVF transfer which would be with frozen embryos. Everything went well and I got to spend more time with V and IL and the more time I spent getting to know them the more I liked them. I was so sure it had taken but I was wrong it didn't I was devastated. It was very hard to accept and I knew we only had one more chance and it made me want it even more for them. This time we decided to do a fresh transfer so I had to match my cycle up with IL and once they took her eggs I went in for our second IVF transfer. We found out that they grade of the embryos were very poor quality making the chances of getting pregnant very low. The doctor suggested that we transfer 7 which is alot when normally they do 2 nor more than 3. It was my choice I had to decide because although the embryos were poor quality we were increasing the chances of multiples and I never wanted to be put in the position of doing a selective reduction. As I looked at IL I was determined to get pregnant so I laid back and we transferred 7 poor quality embryos and the 2 week waiting period began. I was so nervous never feeling this way I tested a little early and my faith would come out on top because it did take and I was pregnant and thankfully with only one baby.
Getting pregnant was hard this time and once again I was sick 24/7 and although in all my other pregnancies it was gone at 12-14 weeks this time it lasted till 29 weeks and it was the first time I had worked through out a pregnancy to. Since they were in another state it made coming to appts hard but they were able to make a few. I had my first amino done due to IL age it was required testing, I was so nervous and scared and heard about people miscarrying after the procedure. The test went smoothly and the results came back fine.
I was so tired and it was hard but working made the pregnancy go by faster however I was put on medical leave from work at 36 weeks because my blood pressure was getting a little high and we wanted to make it a little longer. Since they were out of state, my blood pressure was rising and I did not want them to miss the birth my OB set me up for an induction.
At 37 weeks on March 20th after 7 hours of labor and 3 pushes baby Mateo was born 6lbs and 17 inches long.
It was a sweet moment as I watched his parents fall in love with him. IL, V and baby Mateo came to stay with us after we were released from the hospital. The pedi doctor wouldn't release him to fly so while they made arrangements to drive home I got some extra time with them. Like all the others I am blessed to still have a relationship with them and watch him grow.
I will say it was the first time I had a hard time letting go. Since they were coming from out of state I knew they might be staying with us so I had prepared our guest room for them and the baby. Having all the baby stuff in there and then Mateo being there certainly stirred things up for Steve and I.
After they left Steve said he wanted another baby and I agreed. 6 months after having Mateo and 8 years after getting pregnant with our daughter we were finally pregnant again with our own baby. Had Mateo not come to our home we may have never had anymore babies.
Thank you V and IL








No comments:
Post a Comment