I always knew I wanted to be a wife and mother and once I had my daughter I felt so complete. She made me a different person, a better person and from that point on I felt like I didn't want to live my life without making a difference. When my daughter was about 1 years old I met a women who was a surrogate and literally from that moment on I was intrigue and began to research it. I would read and think about it and then let it go and so on but it always seem to be in the back of my mind. I realized it was God's plan for me, it was my way of making a difference and Lord knows I had no idea what a blessing it would be to so many.
I was very sick for the first 3 months as I had been with my daughter. I did not work and enjoyed being pregnant and being home with Rylee. I met Steve for the first time when I was a few months along and we spent a few days together getting to know each other. His boys were so cute and only made me feel more comfortable with the choice I had made. We continued to talk by phone and email as he lives in another state and the further along I got the more excited I got. I loved being a surrogate!
I enjoyed my pregnancy and found that most people were clueless about surrogacy. Rylee was very young and didn't understand the process at all she didn't even know I was pregnant so there wasn't much to explain to her. Steve was supportive but it did take some adjusting to on both our parts. I had made many new friends during this time in my life and I was set to go to Dallas for a moms meet up and I thought to myself maybe I shouldn't go I had Rylee at 36wks and this is kinda pushing it. I had a OB appt that day ad told my friends if everything is ok than I will go with yall. I went to my appt and was sent straight over to the hospital. My blood pressure was high and I was diagnosed with pre-clamsia, they were going to monitor me and I was told I wouldn't be able to go home and would have to stay in the hospital for the next week or so till it was time to deliver. Well that didn't take long because my blood pressure wouldn't come down so it was decided that I would be induced the next day. I called Steve to let him know and he packed up the family and headed our way. The induction was started on he was on his way, he called to check in and said I have a surprise for you. I'm thinking a surprise woohoo i'm excited. :) After an intense labor of 7.5 hours at 37 weeks Amber 7lbs 3oz and 20inches long was born 3 weeks early on Father's day in 2003.
She was such a precious baby girl and I enjoyed the time we spent together before she went home. Steve was so great about giving me all the time I wanted and needed with her. I had prepared myself for how it would be when she went home and her not being my baby however I didn't prepare myself for what would come shortly after she left. I had to stay longer because my blood pressure still hadn't stabilized so I gave my kisses and hugs to all and off she went and than I began to cry and cry and cry. A nurse came in and tried to console me saying its ok
So lets not forget about my surprise Steve told me about well there she is (above) the little baby girl I am holding in my arms named Ruby. Yup that was my surprised Steve decided to have two surrogates try and get pregnant at the same time hoping at least one of us would get pregnant well both of us got pregnant but the other surrogate delivered way early so by the time I had Amber, Ruby was already here and ready to meet her sister. At first I was shocked and then angry, here I was so excited to give him his first daughter when in reality he already had one. :( I felt like he should have told me and well it just wasn't something I wanted to know while in labor. However I quickly realized how excited he was to introduce me to Miss Ruby and I could see there was no ill intentions on his part also its not required of him to tell me anything so I decided to embrace the moment and love on both girls and was thankful Amber had a sister.
I saw Amber again when she was 4 months old. It was so nice to spend the day with her while Steve took care of business. She smiled at me the whole day and I always believed she knew who I was.
(Left)Ruby and Amber(Right)
Thank you Steve









No comments:
Post a Comment