About Me

My photo
I am a mommy to two amazing children and happily married for over 10 years. I am a surrogate who has brought eight wonderful surro-babies into the world and one sweet angel baby. My blog follows my life as a surrogate sharing the good the bad and everything in between. I work hard, play harder and live life to the fullest!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Fifth Surrogacy ~ Madelyn & Joshua / Twins are here


After 52 days of bed rest at 34 weeks 5 days pregnant I was woken up at 2:45 in the morning with contractions. I had been having contractions on and off for the past week so I just tried to go back to sleep thinking these to would stop soon. Then I had 3 back to back and these hurt a little more than the others so I decided to time them. At 3am I started watching the clock and they were about 10mins apart, they quickly went to 8mins apart and hurt more. I got up to walk around thinking a change in position would help and about that time I heard a noise, wasn't sure what it was so I walked towards the hallway and I heard it again. It was coming from Rylee's room so I opened the door and it was Brodi (our dog) he ran out and began running circles around me. It was so weird specially since he never wakes up in the middle of the night. He than begun running around the house he knew something was happening how crazy is that. Steve took him outside by this time its was about 3:45am my contractions were still coming strong and I told Steve maybe I will take a shower so I walked into the bathroom had another huge contraction walked out of the bathroom and said nope no shower its time, I know I am in labor. Just by luck my brother was spending the night so he was able to stay with the kids while everyone slept so Steve and I loaded in the truck and off the the hospital we went.  By this time my contractions were 5mins apart and hurt badly, Steve was driving like well a man who's driving his wife who is in labor with twins to the hospital praying her water doesn't break in his truck. lol We pull up to the entrance and they have one entrance blocked off (which is the one we have always used to get to labor and delivery) he misses the turn has to jump the curb and totally looks like a panicked first time dad type of thing it actually made me laugh. Since I have always been induced this was our first in the middle of the night I'm in labor drive to the hospital. Hehehehehehe


We called the parents and my mom to let them know it was go time, as soon as I got there they checked me and I was 5cm and 90% effaced. They did a sono and baby B was not head down or breach he was transverse, my OB was not on call but the on call OB said if I wanted to I could attempt a vaginal delivery and hope baby B went head down after baby A was delivered. I very much wanted a vaginal delivery but I also wanted to do what J & J thought was best for their babies. It was a very hard choice to make specially when your having contractions every 5mins but in the end I chose the c-section because I didn't want to take the chance of having a vaginal delivery for one baby and c-section for the next or something happening to one of the babies. 


 

I got the epidural and as always it worked miracles but this time my blood pressure dropped and I got very nauseated. They would only let two people in the OR and I didn't want to decide who so I left it up to them plus my mom wasn't there yet. This was the first time I had labored with out my mom which is probably another reason why my anxiety level was so high. They decided J (mommy) and Steve would go back so I could have someone to support me. I went back and as I sat in the OR while everything was prepped I began to cry and got very upset, I felt sick and kept second guessing my choice. Finally Steve came in and held my hand and talked to me I don't remember what he or J were saying but I know it helped. I remember closing my eyes as he rubbed my head and then I heard a baby cry, OMGosh its already happening baby A is here and 1min later baby B is right behind. I did find out that as soon as baby A came out Baby B went breach so had I delivered her vaginally I would have delivered him via c-section so in the end we made the right choice.

Madelyn
 Joshua

Madelyn was delivered at 7:10am weighing 5lbs 11oz and 19inches long and at 7:11am Joshua came in at 5lbs 3oz also 19inches long. I got to see both babies very quickly and then they headed off to the NICU in stable condition with their mommy and daddy right behind them. I know I laid there for a while longer with Steve by my side by I don't remember details and then before I knew it I was going to recovery. The epidural wore off fast, I had lost a lot of blood and I was in a lot of pain and still feeling very badly. I should have Steve write about the post delivery part since I don't remember most of it. lol My IP's did put us in a beautiful past pardon suite so that we could all be together yet still have our own space. I slept a lot, got sick and felt horrid most of the day. I wanted to go see the babies but I just couldn't but my IP's shared lots of photos with me and kept me updated.



I know some women choose c-section over vaginal delivery but I would never be one of them and not because of the pain of the surgery or recovery but simply because I felt robbed of giving birth to the babies. I have always had such a wonderful labor and delivery experience with lots of joy and happiness and this delivery was scary and I don't even remember most of it. Despite the delivery this journey has been beyond amazing more than I could have ever asked for and that in its self makes up for the delivery.

Thank you Jeff & Jen


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment